The Stripe payment gateway allows the merchant to specify requirements of card data to collect from the customer. You can adjust these requirements and rules by following the below:
- Login to your Stripe dashboard at https://dashboard.stripe.com/login
- Click on the gear icon at the top right to access the Settings section.
- Under Product Settings > Radar, click on the ‘Rules’ link to access Radar rules settings.
- Find the section labeled ‘Then, when should a payment be blocked.’ You can see the existing rules which exist.
- If you would like to turn off the requirement for CVC or Postal Code verification, you can choose to disable the rule by selecting the option on the right and choosing ‘disable.’
Note: Although you may choose not to require CVV or Postal Codes, requiring these options can significantly impact your declined transactions count as your clients’ card issuing bank may need one or both of these pieces of information to approve the transaction. It is considered best practice to capture as much credit card information as possible, including CVV and Postal Code, to mitigate the risk of declines/fraudulent transactions.