Miscellaneous Rates and Fees are those fees that are added to a company’s rate structure for the purpose of charging customers when the trip they are booking meets defined criteria.
The number and variety of Miscellaneous Rates and Fees is unlimited, and can be tailored to the business needs of virtually any company. Some common examples of Miscellaneous Rates and Fees are:
- Fees associated with a particular route or destination such as Tolls, Parking, or Airport Service Fees.
- Fees to charge for additional services such as Extra Luggage Fees, Child Seats, and Meet & Greet.
- Fees to charge for additional products such as Flowers or Champagne
- Fees to charge for the cancellation of a contracted reservation
- Fees to recoup costs associated with cleaning, damage, or a penalty charge for smoking in a non smoking vehicle
Structuring Miscellaneous Rates and Fees begins in the System Rate Manager.The Miscellaneous Rates such as Tolls, Parking, or Airport Service fees that may apply to all trips should be built in System Rate Manager only.
Miscellaneous Fees (Ciriteria Based Fees) can be applicable to Service Types, Airports, Promo Codes, Specific Routings, and/or a Date or Date Range. Miscellaneous Fees must be mapped to a rate in System Rate Manager. For example in Boston the Miscellaneous Rate “Tolls” could contain Miscellaneous Fees for the Ted Williams Tunnel and the Mass Pike. Another example is in a multiple airport city such as Dallas/Fort Worth the Miscellaneous Rate “Airport Fees” could contain different Miscellaneous Fees For DFW Airport or Dallas Love Field Airport. Also now a Miscellaneous Fee could be made that mapped to base rate such as an Off Hours Fee that would apply for pick ups or drop offs during very late or early morning hours.
At the top of the Miscellaneous Fee screen the following is displayed which tells how Miscellaneous Fees are applied in both the Limo Anywhere Back Office system, and the Online Reservation System (ORES).
Adding a Miscellaneous Fee (Criteria Based Fee)
- Go to ‘My Office‘.
- Click on the ‘Miscellaneous Fee‘ button on the ‘Rate Management‘ tab.
- In the example below a rate is added for a Cancellation Fee for Airport service.
- ‘Associate With Rate:’- ‘Airport Fee’ is selected from the drop down list.
- ‘Associate with Service Type:’- ‘Airport Arrival, Airport Departure’ is selected from the drop down list.
- ‘Status:’ is set to ‘Active’ (default).
- ‘Airport Codes:’ As this fee is not airport specific this is left as ‘NOT ASSIGNED'(default).
- ‘Promo Code:’ As this fee is not Promo Code specific this is left as ‘NOT ASSIGNED’ (default).
- ‘Type:’- ‘Optional’ is the default. This means it can be selected by the customer on your ORES. ‘Mandatory’ can be selected as well.
- ‘Miscellaneous Fee Name:’- Cancellation Fee Airport Service is added.
- ‘Miscellaneous Fee Amount:’ 50.00 is entered.
- ‘Routing Details:’ As this is not applicable for this Miscellaneous Fee it is left blank.
- ‘Date and Time Range:’ As this is not applicable for this Miscellaneous Fee it is left blank.
- Click ‘SAVE‘ to retain what is entered and add the Miscellaneous Fee ‘Cancellation Charge Airport Service’.
Here are some other examples of Miscellaneous Fees.
DAL and DFW Airport Fee: Note the Airport Codes are selected as Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport(left), and Dallas Love Field Airport (right); and the Option is Mandatory. All pick ups or drop offs at DFW Airport will be assigned a $5.00 fee, and at Dallas Love Field a $4.00 fee.
Early Late Pick Up Fee: Note the time has been populated so that service that occurs with a start time between the hours of 12:00AM and 6:00AM will result in this mandatory $25.00 fee. You can also have a fee that might use a Date or Date Range for service on or around certain holidays.
Editing a Miscellaneous Fee
A Miscellaneous Fee can be edited at any time. Simply select the Miscellaneous Fee from the Stored Fees list, click ‘Edit‘, change the fields as appropriate and click ‘Save‘ to retain any changes.
Deleting a Miscellaneous Fee
To delete a Miscellaneous Fee simply select the Miscellaneous Fee from the Stored Fees list, click ‘Delete‘, and the fee will be deleted. Keep in mind if a Miscellaneous Fee is deleted it will limit the ability to use that fee in other functions like invoicing and reporting. For that reason we always recommend changing the Status to ‘INACTIVE’ as opposed to deleting the Miscellaneous Fee.
How Do Miscellaneous Fees Appear In A Reservation
When a reservation is created and the itinerary meets the criteria of the Miscellaneous Fee a red box will appear above the Rate Construction section of the Reservation screen giving the option to add the Miscellaneous Fees.